WineWorks is currently seeking an experienced Night Shift Filler Operator who will be primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Depalletiser & Filler Room machinery, working in conjunction with the external customer and internal departments to ensure a safe quality product is produced in accordance with national and international industry standards.
This Night Filler Operator will be reporting to the Production Team Leader. The position shift hours are generally from 9.30pm to 6.00am, 5 days a week. Due to covering annual leave and training requirements in the small team, there will be times when working 12hour shifts is essential to ensure production remains constant (normally 04.30pm to 4.30am).
The ideal candidate for this position will be eager to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment, have a reasonable standard of fitness, and most importantly have a great work ethic to get the job right first time.
Due to the nature of this important role, full training will be given. This will take place mainly on dayshift and will last approximately 4 months dependent on the aptitude of the applicant.
Applications for this role must have the following experience
· Manufacturing experience
· Worked in a food environment (preferred but not essential)
· Mechanically astute
· Planning and organising skills
· Continuous improvement orientation
· Able to work effectively in a team environment
· Thorough understanding of Health and Safety in the Workplace
· Quality focused.
Successful applicants will have the following attributes and skills
- High level of troubleshooting ability
- Excellent team player
- High drive for results and aspiration for excellence
- A do it now and do it right first-time attitude
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Machine operation or bottling line experience is ideal
- An understanding and practicing of lean principles would be ideal but not essential
- Forklift License would be ideal but not essential.
All applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Resident status as determined by New Zealand immigration department. WineWorks has a drug and alcohol policy and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment screening.
If you are a Seek applicant please ensure you complete WineWorks Application Form.